Monday, May 3, 2010

Still somewhere in the beginning

With 24 days left before I depart I am now at the stage where the slight panic begins to set in as I realise just how much work I have to do before then and also "OMG!! I'm going to Africa" type realisations start to increase in frequency.

So where am I at now in terms of planning?

I have no visa
I have no clue as to what I need over there
I don't know if I need medical insurance or how that works in SA
Do I need insurance?
What's my address going to be?
I haven't got any of my vaccinations yet
I have managed to save up less than half of what I had hoped to save for this trip
I need to book a hotel next to the airport in Melbourne for the night that I am staying there

ok so clearly you can see that there's alot of stuff that needs to be done, now here are the things that are sorted

I have bought cool slippers for when it gets cold (which I am wearing now)
I have submitted my letter of resignation for Woolworths and my uni boss knows I'm leaving too

yeah so thats about it in terms of preparation but I'm pretty sure everything will come together before I leave

HOORAY FOR LIFE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment