Thursday, June 10, 2010

Meet South Africa

So serving at the National Baha'i Centre has been a nice experience overall. I've been working as part of the kitchen staff who's duties are to clean up after everyone, cook lunch for everyone, clean the entire centre which includes all the accommodation and bathrooms and pretty much do everything. The kitchen staff work 6 days a week and work 7 days a week when there is a function. Mum if you could have seen me I cooked food for 35 people.. I know I amazed myself.
Other departments include gardens, security, maintanance and then there are the office staff.

Meet some of the service kids



This is nomalise from the kitchen

Here is Tebz, Sukulo and Jino

Me, Varkha, Ivy, Jino, Pilileh and Tebz

This is Tebo.. ps I've probably spelt these wrong

Next I will show you glimpses of the centre itself



The front entrance of the conference hall


They are looking for volunteers here even if you only have a few months to spare so if any one is interested let me know and I will point you in the right direction.

I have a couple of days left here before my sister arrives and we head off to do our own thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment