Sunday, November 14, 2010

uninspired

So from the title of this post I think you can maybe get an idea of what I'm going to write about. For me writing is my release, it's the way I express myself, it's my story. Everytime I write I empty out a little bit of myself into each word so that each sentence, each paragraph forms a picture of who I was at the time I wrote it. When I write I am imprinting a moment onto the page and that moment is me at that time. I love writing exactly for the sake of this, I feel like I am finding out about myself through my words, I'm writing a textbook on me.

My imprint, the stamp of myself at this moment is the title of this post; uninspired. I just haven't felt like writing. South Africa has started to grow on me and I think my constant exposure to all its sides has numbed me from the extremes it projects. The poverty, the wealth, the racism, the injustice, all of it. I am numb, completely desensitised and it has impacted on my writing.

Strangely enough before my inspiration fizzled I wrote a blog post that I have yet to put up because I wasn't sure about it and decided to approach it from a different angle but I haven't even been motivated to do that. This doesn't feel like writers block although it could be something like that.. Hopefully it will end soon and I will make up for the time that I haven't put anything out.

Until then I'm off

No comments:

Post a Comment